“Everybody needs a little time away…even lovers need a holiday”.
As cheesy as that sounds, the band Chicago got that right! Apparently, we love quoting old songs, but our bodies sometimes DO need a holiday and a little time away. Whether you cleanse for 1 day or 7 days, your body will thank you a million times over.
Juice cleansing has been around for quite some time, and for good reason. Both fasting and juice cleansing give the body (especially the digestive tract) a chance to rest while cleaning out unwanted toxins. However, juicing deliciously infuses your cells with vital nutrients that energize, provide mental clarity, and create optimal health. Energy that is normally used for digestion can now be channeled into carrying out your normal daily routine with ease.
We recommend a juice fast for at least 3 days a month in order to maintain optimal health. Other key times are after you’ve over-indulged, over-worked, or over-stressed yourself. If you listen closely, your body will let you know when it needs to “hum” clean.
Please consult with your doctor before beginning a cleanse of any kind, especially if you are diabetic, pregnant, nursing, or on blood thinners. Possible side effects of the toxins being released into your bloodstream are headaches, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea and skin irritation. Any negative side effects will vary from person to person, but the healthful advantages are shared by all.
Healthful advantages may include increased energy levels, improved digestive function, mental clarity, stronger immunity, improved sleep patterns, restored organ function, improved blood circulation, lower blood pressure, minimized aches and pains, better complexion, cleansed colon, stabilized blood sugar levels and balanced PH levels.
*Note substitutions/customizations in the “order notes” at checkout (Subbing CHARGE has become popular!)
We are only sticklers about beginning your day with Balance and ending with Calm.
We also offer customized juices. Want a fresh carrot or apple juice? Not a fan of the ginger? Want coconut nectar or agave instead of maple syrup? Let us know.
A few days before your cleanse:
- Increase your water intake (at least 2 liters a day).
- Add warm water with lemon to your morning routine. Benefits include weight loss, better digestion, and clearer skin, among others.
- Remove alcohol, caffeine, dairy and egg products, meat and poultry, fish and seafood, nicotine, processed sugar and wheat. Add fruit, veggies, salads, smoothies and juices.
- Just do the best you can! Remember the old saying: Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, it’s a cinch.
During your cleanse:
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water per day as needed. Continue with warm water and lemon during your morning routine.
- Feel free to drink any decaffeinated herbal tea of your choosing.
- Space juices 3 hours apart. For example: A juice schedule for a 6am wake up would be 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, sleep, repeat. Don’t forget about those glasses of water or decaffeinated herbal tea.
- Remember, you are releasing unhealthy toxins while cleansing. Just know that there may be times where you feel a little sluggish and tired, so listen to your body and try to take naps when you can, go to bed early and so forth. This isn’t the case for everyone, but just be mindful.
- If time and money allow it, getting a colonic, enema and/or massage can do wonders while cleansing.
- Doing some yoga, going for a walk, or taking a sauna, steam or hot bath all help in sweating out those toxins. Light exercise is also great for your lungs! Just remember to shower immediately after you sweat so as not to reabsorb the toxins back into the skin.
* Side note: We don’t recommend any heavy workout regiments while cleansing.
Once again, we recommend you consult your physician before beginning a cleanse. Especially if you are diabetic, pregnant, nursing, or on blood thinners.
We are all for the little ones drinking our juice, however, we recommend that no child cleanse.
After your cleanse:
- You should phase out of your cleanse the same way you eased into it.
- SLOWLY add things like fruit, veggies, salads, soups, smoothies, etc. back into your diet.
- Be mindful of foods you start to add back, and do so slowly. Juice cleanses are also a great way to bring to light food allergies you may have been unaware of. Just go slow and be mindful!
While it’s our best seller, some customers have difficulty with the Balance juice (the green one). The more acidic and out of whack your PH levels are, the more unpleasant the taste. Once you obtain a more alkaline balance, the taste of the green goodness will become pleasing and even crave worthy!